Wednesday 23 October 2013

Draft for Travel writing: (500 words)

 Wednesday 23rd October 2013
Home     Cruise   Hotels    Destinations    Ski    Active    Family    Rail    Deals 

New York - Effulgent lights bright up the city

The allurement and dazzling sightings had made an exquisite impression on Deeka Hussein 
as she expires the sight-seeings of the glorious New York, ''Home of Celebrities''.

Statue of Liberty located in New York city.

As I was leisurely exploring the prodigious tourist attractions, i.e. Statue of Liberty of NYC, the gratifying sightings of the tower buildings made me re-consider my thoughts about the beauty of this earth we live in! The atmosphere of this remarkable city brought hope within my feelings about the change of how the UK back home will turn out to be. As I took my first precious steps, I began to explore the inner city which the ''New Yorkers'' like to name, Times Square.

As time quickly flew by like the speed of light, while the flourishing trees swayed I soon began to witness the vibe of the individuals of this city. As I quickly hopped on a tour bus advertising Broadway musicals, I increase my gaze of the Broadway, Down-town, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Theatres, and illuminated yellow taxis. Am I still on earth, or have I just encountered a sneak peak of Heaven? Its connection of diverse restaurants gives it a savouriness of the city, the presence of being within New York almost feels as if you have entered a parallel universe, (the heavenly kind!)

The chaotic streets of New York almost feels as if you are walking through a treacherous war zone. Men wearing prestigious suits, women wearing sophisticated dresses hopping into taxis. In contrast, I witnessed homeless individuals, wearing second hand clothing, anxiously desperate for money. The mornings I had arose to witnessing the astonishing view of New York! (Breath-taking..literally!) I was somewhat thrilled to experience a taste of the traditional New York doughnut, and a cup of tea. Ah, just like home.

As I got to experience the night life of New York (In Times Square) I came across a rather peculiar individual, from Brooklyn called Joey. Joey had explained the historic grounds of Times Square, and had given me an insight to the life of the New Yorkers. In the background while Joey was directly conversing, I had suddenly been gazing at the Statue of Liberty, as if it was beaming towards me. I was rather amazed about the historic grounds of New York, so I decided to explore more of this interesting location.

As time went on, I stopped and admired the pulchritude of the beaming bright lights of Times Square. Photographers and tourists within my surroundings I had frozen. The exquisiteness of NYC shocked me! (almost as if I had been electrocuted). Suddenly, after all the seeings of this phenomenal city, it was time for my plane to arrive back to England. How fast did this experience go? However, I rather enjoyed my stays in the luxurious hotels.

Like to visit now? Of course you do!


Quote of Douglas Rogers review of New York '''It’s the most exciting city in the world.''

fr

No comments:

Post a Comment