Sunday 6 October 2013

SUNDAY, 6TH OCTOBER 2013.

Own creation of a monologue.

The scene is set in a neglected, unfamiliar island, whom nobody has ever established before. Lady Latifah and Mary have been stranded on this desiccated island for approximately 48 hours, which they are surrounded by absolutely nothing except impoverished sand. Mary immediately accuses Latifah for setting a trap on her. It is sunset.

LADY LATIFAH: Mary! I can assure you, this was NOT done intentionally! You MUST MUST MUST believe me on this! (The wind blows fiercely and the air outside rages violently) My agent and I have been thoroughly planning on flying overseas around the world. Somehow, as fast as the speed of light, we end up here, with no explanation for you, and I. You may not believe me, but what can I do for you to trust me on this? (Dramatic pause) Ever since we have bonded closely, the trust is leisurely going down. I have tried to make amends, Lord knows I have tried to make amends for you, and I, for the sake of our lives. Lord knows that we will eventually be saved. And YOU Mary, will know in the end that this was not in my intention for this to happen. We are all human beings, we make mistakes. (Pause) I remember when we were young children, we had aspirations of travelling around the earth. We strive to attain that aspiration, and look where we are now (Latifah pauses and stares at Mary) Here we are surrounded by impoverished sand, tree's filled with dead golden-orange leaves, and you are blaming me for this! I can assure you we will not stay here forever, Mary. I ask myself, sometimes, ''How did we get into this mess?'' Was it fate? Was it supposed to happen? Is this an experience we will cherish for the rest of our lives? We have to accept that this has already happened, regardless of who planned, or if it just happened. Trust me, this nightmare will eventually end, just trust me. (Silence)

No comments:

Post a Comment