Wednesday 3 September 2014

AQA Link - http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-language-b-2705 
This AQA Website includes a wide range of sections which is highly useful to me as well as my academic studies, as it includes useful past papers that I can work on throughout the year and enhance my exam skills gradually, as well as the examiner reports, which are additionally a source which helped me throughout my AS course, in terms of what I need to achieve to fulfil a particular grade, and since A2 examiner reports are on there too, it will help me throughout the way to achieve the grade I desire. In addition, this link also includes further information to students on the type of skills gained when they choose this course, this includes skills such as developing knowledge on key concepts and theories, using the Audience, Purpose and Form in a more advanced manner, and realising how the context, APR and cultural values impact on the language chosen within a text. These skills are ones that I have developed within my AS year of English language, and in terms of A2, it includes information about the coursework I will have to produce within this year. The coursework element, according to AQA is ‘very popular’ as students investigate an area of their choice that particularly fascinates them and independently allows them to independently collect and evaluate data.



http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/may/08/singing-children-development-language-skills

Here's an interesting article about how experts say that children may be able to develop their language acquisition skills if they were sang to much more often. According to consultants, singing traditional lullabies and nursery rhymes to babies and infants are a major benefit towards their intellectual development, rather than attempting to speak ordinary words. Personally, I found this fascinating because I have always thought that singing would have a somewhat emotional impact to a child, due to the melodies, tone and pitch of a song, rather than an intellectual impact to babies and infants. According to Blythe, a song is a special type of speech. For example, lullabies, songs, and rhymes of every culture carry the ‘signature melodies’ and inflections of a mother tongue, preparing a child’s ear, voice, and brain for language.

No comments:

Post a Comment