Tuesday 30 September 2014

Language investigation ideas:


My initial idea for my language investigation was to investigate the use of code switching, amongst my home which is mainly a multi-lingual environment. Because of this, it has given me the opportunity to record data of my mother code switching from English, to multiple of languages, as she is able to speak four fluent languages. Therefore, I have decided to investigate on how she code switches, what particular words she uses in English and what she translates this into, etc. It is also essential to focus on how particular words she uses gives us a different interpretation and meaning of its original meaning, and why is so. This will all be analysed within my investigation.

 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great. You need to think carefully about the different contexts she will be in or will you keep your recordings in the domestic environment. So when, where and how are you going to collect your data? Make sure it is all ethical and as accurate as possible.

    ReplyDelete